Monday, April 1, 2024

BLIND FUTURE


 




BLIND FUTURE


I write these lines on broken stones.

Where anxiety and perplexity are lovers.

On the streets of confusion and hatred,

Love has become intoxicated.


I've turned pages a thousand times.

Racism and tribalism are legally married.

Maybe you think it's a symbol or a love letter.

But daily, our bloodstream is weeping.


The cat no longer respects her drinking bowl.

The sense of loyalty has died long ago.

On the pillow of salty chewing gum,

She pretends to be an ointment.


O you blind future,

Open your eyes for once.

Mama Liberia has left me with tears.

And the deep regret has peeled my soul.


Why are you laughing, soliloquy?

Don't you care about my misery?

O you sleepy and blind future,

Rest now; you're a walking ghost.


©Gabriel S. Weah 


No comments:

Post a Comment